Monday, September 8, 2008

Kamado Jigoku (Oven Hell)

The next day we left our dingy hotel and headed for the hell park. Not the nicest name, but I did have a fantastic time here. The entire park as my Japanese friend's described it is kinda a dilapidated Japanese tourist trap. I really enjoyed myself though nevertheless. I've been to Yellowstone in the US and they have great stuff, but the cheesy Japanese tourist stuff just made this such a fun experience. You could buy a ticket to visit many of these hot pools and geysers. We started at the Kamado Jigoku, or "oven hell".
Two ladies wanted us to take a picture with their camera. I did, but usually if you do they offer to take yours afterwards and they did, but they kinda sucked at it cause Markian's head is cut off in one and the other doesn't show the hell so well. Oh well, better than nothing.

Above: Mud Pots.
Below: A big, hot, blue, steaming pool.

Above: Me and a lot of steam.

Even more steam!



Above: Part of the attraction is that they cook eggs in the hot water. You can buy them at stands inside of the hell park. I'm not a big egg fan, so I didn't eat any. I can't imagine them tasting that different from regular hard boiled eggs.
Above: Markian below the big oni and his oven.
Above: A mudpot.
Below: Me and a tanuki...maybe? Racoon? Not sure...

Above: A foot bath. Many of the places had these, but this was our first stop and I wasn't sure if they charged extra so I didn't go in, plus I didn't have a towel. They are fantastic though. This one was cloudy, it depends on the minerals that are in the water.

No comments: