Sunday, January 20, 2008

Haunted Well

This one of the many wells at Himeji Castle (and yes this is the last of the Himeji pictures I suppose I will post). There was a ghost story to go along with it. I don't remember the details, but it went something like this:

Some young servant girl got accused of taking something from the royal family. She didn't do it, but someone had her killed anyway and her body was thrown in the well. Apparently you can hear strange sounds coming from the well.

It's sad if it's really true. Either way, the well was cool so I took some pictures of it. The top picture is looking down into the well. I wanted to get some idea of how deep it was, but you really can't tell. They have the top all fenced off you can't fall in or the ghost can't get out, or whatever. haha

No comments: