Monday, April 28, 2008

A Twighlight Zone Episode

So this is what I saw when I came out of the other side of the cave. First there was a very old Indian looking statue (above) with lots of paint chipped off. It seemed really out of place and looked like it had seen better days. Below you see a big budda that was also there.

Above: I'm standing at the exit to the cave.

Below: It's Yosemite Sam! I dunno...

Above: Another Indian looking god. Again seeming very out of place. The place itself looked like it hadn't been upkept at all. I don't think they get many visitors. There were weeds everywhere and everything looked as if it were falling apart. The place was dead. We didn't see a single person the whole time we were here, which added to the eeriness that I can't even begin to describe that I was feeling from this place.

Below: There were huge spiders EVERYWHERE. I didn't want to get too close, but if you click on this picture and get a closer view you can make out the details better. I was really afraid of walking into one because there webs were spread across the path we were walking down.

Above: Finally we're here. The strangeness that awaits on the other side of the cave. What the heck is this? It doesn't look Japanese. So strange....

Below: Anorexic Jesus? I have no idea. A pilgrim maybe? It was getting creepier by the minute.


Above: A grown up path with some lawn ornaments right next to the temple. What the heck?
These pictures above and below were taken inside the structure. It was really dirty in there and dusty and the only light was coming from a hole in the ceiling. The wooden statues were really cool though. It was so quiet in there. The bottom room which was pitch dark had creepy paintings. I don't have a picture because honestly it was creepy and I didn't want to look at the thing.



Above: Markian looking freaked out at all this crazy randomness...


Now this rooster approaches us as we exit the temple. It wasn't shy and then this band of stray diseased kitty herpes cats starts closing in on us along with the chicken. They were making these horrible sounds. I thought I was in a bad horror movie. I know it sounds crazy when I describe it, but you just have to go there and see. They all seemed sickly and were closing in on us. I wanted the hell out of there!



We make our way back to the cave where we can see up on the mountain a statue of a pilgrim...maybe? Anyway, I think it's where that grown up path went too. There was no way I was walking up that scary grown up path. Now back into the cave where we will find yet another cave---more to come!


*We will be in Tokyo starting tomorrow for a week so no updates for about a week. We're staying in a really cheap ryokan/hostel type place so no wireless! We're going to Kabuki Theater!!!! I'm so excited! I bought an evening gown this weekend and Markian is wearing his suit! See you in a week!*

No comments: