Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Matsuyama Castle Garden

Long time, no post, I know. My brother is here, plus I'm still working so things are a little hectic at the moment. I started loading these photos ages ago, but never got around to finishing. Anyway, more from last September. This is the garden at Matsuyama Castle in Shikoku. If I can remember correctly some of these first pictures are from a teahouse out front. I thought the little origami people with drawn on faces were really cute! Below is a model. This garden looks like a maze shape with lots of pools. It's supposed to be similar to the layout of the castle. Honestly, I can't remember exactly, it's been so long.

Above: Dolls.

Above: Me hanging outside the tea house.
Below: The first peak at the garden.

There was no one there. Very nice and quiet. We were there early in the morning, so that could have been why. Also it was a weekday and not a holiday for most people which helped. One of the few holidays I have where everyone else in Japan isn't off around site seeing as well.


Here come the fish!






There were LOTS of dragon flys swarming about. I love them! So many different colors and they eat pesky bugs!
Markian posing on some stepping stones.

There were a lot of little waterfalls.
This was the best thing there. This really huge old castle well. A guy was working in it which really helps with the scale and you can see how crazy big it is.

A view of the garden from a little higher on the mountain.

mmmm....unripe mikans I'm guessing. Japanese oranges. Quiet tasty and popular in this region. I ate mikan ice cream in Matsuyama and it was good stuff.



Above: A reconstruction of the well you saw earlier.
Above: A view of Matsuyama City. Ferris wheels are so cool to look at, but I HATE riding them! I love coasters, but those things freak me out!

No comments: