Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Company classes are the way to go!

Last October a Japanese company that I teach at held a welcome party for me. It was really, really nice of them and unexpected. The problem was I felt like crap the day it was held, so it was really hard for me to eat anything. I think Markian did my share of eating for me. He ate so much food that night! I really like this company and I teach there again this year, although I only have about half of the same students there.
The first course came in these little plates that were taken out of a mini dresser. I didn't get a picture of it before it was taken away, sadly. This was a tomato, cheese, and asparagus salad. Yummy!
There were many other courses, but here is the main thing, Sukiyaki. It's a rich soy sauce broth lots of mushrooms, tofu and herbs on top and usually beef or pork, but they had it made with chicken for me. You add raw egg which helps dilute the rich saltiness of the sauce. However, I don't really like eggs, especially raw ones so I ate it without the egg, but Markian used the egg.
It was a nice evening even though I was feeling a little under the weather.

No comments: