Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tatsumaki Jigoku (Water-Spout-Hell)

Here is the last of the hells. I don't know if anything still is reading this thing as the comments have disappeared about 4 months ago or so. I just don't have time to update like I'd like. Anyway, this was the most disappointing, but also the most crowded of the hells...go figure. If you've ever been to Yellowstone, this is the biggest let down ever. So tons of people were standing around waiting for this geyser to go off. There were benches and everything. This hell was a little away from the others...actually quite a good walk on a narrow country road. I think most people drive here. There were some buses, but they were far and few inbetween, so we sucked it up and walked, and then took the bus back.

Above is what the geyser looked like before it went off. You'll see they've capped it off though with rocks at the top. Apparently it used to spray water really high, but now it barely does anything. This is for safety of course, but now it's all boring and I don't understand why all the people there seemed so amused. I'd be ill if I'd paid separate for this.


However, the surrounding garden was nice. There were pretty pink flowers everywhere and many tropical plants. I love Kyushu. It looks like spring even in the winter!


No comments: