Thursday, October 23, 2008

Monkey Park

So in Kyushu last December on Christmas Eve in Aso, very close to Mt. Aso, on the way actually, we stopped at this monkey park. A student had told me about it and recommended it. It wasn't in my guidebook or anything. We went here on our first day we rented our car in Kyushu. We picked the car up in Kumamoto (where we spent a couple nights), and then drove at to Aso for the day.
I have mixed feeling about this place. The animals see well treated and have big pens, but I still don't like caged animals. I will say at the time, it was the closest I'd ever gotten to a monkey. You could buy bag of food (peanuts and fruit) for about a buck and then take some tongs and feed it to the monkeys. I have to say it was much more generous than the little things they give you at Sea World in the states to feed the dolphins. I actually got tired of feeding them before I ran out of food. They were really loud and the babies were so so cute!

Isn't he adorable?
Mark managed to snap a couple shots while the monkey's were taking the food. It was difficult because they grab it so fast. I had so much fun, but I don't think he was amused. He mostly just watched me feed the monkeys. He wasn't interested in feeding them.



There was more at the monkey park, that is for another post though.

No comments: