Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Monkey Show

Christmas Eve, 2007 continued. So the monkey park had an hourly show. I had mixed feelings about it. The monkey's were on leases, but I guess they have to be so they don't run into the crowd if they get spooked or something. The tricks they were performing probably weren't difficult for them and they do rotate which monkey's perform, so they aren't always working. However, animals in captivity always makes me sad, so again, I had mixed feelings.
The monkey ran around on a ball. He was really cute.

See how little he is! He's just a baby! They had English and Chinese translations on a screen if you couldn't understand the Japanese during the show.

Then he walked on stilts. Finally I got to touch him (well, actually I put my hand out and he touched mine), but there were so many people, Markian could only manage to get a picture of our hands touching. Oh well, it was awesome because I've never been that close to a monkey before.
About 5 months later, we saw these same monkeys and the trainer in an article in an inflight magazine while flying ANA to Tokyo. We were like, "Holy crap, it's the same monkey and monkey trainer!" Too bad I couldn't read most of the article since it was full of kanji.

No comments: