Sunday, November 2, 2008

I wanna pet it! At the Animal Friendship Kingdom.

Oh, my. Are you ready for tons of pictures of me petting animals? Probably not, but here it goes anyway. This was the best place ever! I was in heaven. I don't know think Mark was as amused, but for me this was like Disney World for a kid or something.
The Friendship Animal Kingdom is one small section of a huge complex in Aso called Farmland. So it's pretty much like it sounds, but seriously screwed up and fantastic. I really want to go back here. It was nothing like any "farm" I've ever been too. It's supposed to be kinda like a mini tourist trap/amusement park, for Japanese people to see what a farm is like. If you're ever in the area I would highly recommend it. There is plenty of free food to sample and animals to pet (though I don't recommend both at the same time).

Above I'm petting a big pig. Strange, I don't even remember that. Below, some cute furry thing, sorry, don't remember. The cool stuff is coming up, so if I didn't pet it, I kinda blocked it out.

First you have really normal animals you could pet in the US. Nothing spectacular, but still I like animals so I was happy. I petted a donky and some goats.

Then I petted this Australian animal and I can't remember what is is for the life of me, but it was cute and a little scared and it took a lot of coaxing to touch it. It hopped really high too.

My FAVORITE animal ever! Too bad you couldn't pet it that day (they rotate what you can pet). A kapibara! SO freaking cute! I love the cartoon Kapibara-san. I have so many toys and books about him! However, this was the closest I've ever gotten to one, so that was something.
Don't know what the creepy animal is below, but those were not available for petting, maybe ever. It looked scary.

I held a baby chick. I thought that turtle was plastic until it moved. I almost ran into it!

I fed a parrot and then I got to hold another one. I was a little scared of it. I haven't held a bird that big before. It's beak looked kinda sharp. I didn't seem to mind me though.


The Lemur on the other hand...he didn't like me and wanted off. So that didn't last so long. they were both really heavy, but I was oh so happy! I'd never held a lemur before!

Then I fed a little monkey. He would take the food right out of your hand. So cute!

It was an awesome experience. I really want to go back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That place looks awesome! So many cute animals! =D

-Jess the Panda Bear

Courtney said...

It so was! And it was only about 5 bucks to get in too!