Thursday, June 14, 2007

Creepy Mayonnaise Babies

No, it's not the name of one of my sisters little music projects, although it sounds like one (similar to "Neutral Baby Duster Nipples" --if you know my sister you know what I'm talking about). Wow, that would make a good band name, "Creepy Mayonnaise Babies." But you need to say "Mayonnaise" in the Japanese way..."my-o-neigh-z". hehe

Alright, now that I'm past it, these mayonnaise babies are creepy as hell. Well, at least I think so. The first time I saw one I knew I would have a bad dream about it. I think they are a character from a popular brand of mayonnaise here called, "Kewpie". My students like to put little ones of these on their cell phones. I think it's supposed to be cute, but I find it to look like a creepy doll from a horror movie. Or some ugly little trinket some lady would hold on to. The ones I have pictured here are ones you could win by playing the oh-so-popular crane game in the arcade. The tv in the top picture is inside with the prizes showing ads about whatever you can win in the machine. They're so horrible, they're kind of wonderful. I want one because it's so awful....well, kinda. I still have a fear it will come to life and hack me up during the middle of the night like some lame R.L. Stein Goosebumps book.

1 comment:

Trendkill said...

I'm so using that name.