Wednesday, June 6, 2007

More from my Toukasan evening


An assortment of things here. At the top is someone preparing the original Okonomiyaki. That's what I was told it was because I asked. It doesn't look like any Okonomiyaki I've seen. Okonomiyaki is the regional dish here. It's a pancake batter with cabbage and other veggies and usually pork and mayo all thrown together and then topped with carp sauce. We haven't tried it because honestly, it smells bad to me. Markian says he's willing to try it though. He thinks it smells good.

The second picture is of some light show thingys in the middle of the street at the festival. The logo below it that is blue is the sponsor, Hiroshima Bank. The picture below this paragraph is just to try and show you how freaking crowded it was. Also, the girl in the black yukata with the red obi has a fan shoved in the back of her obi. These are the fans they were selling at the Toukasan Temple I mentioned in my previous post.


This last picture is of us before we left school that day. My friend helped put my Yukata on at school so we took some pictures before we left.

No comments: