Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Entrance to Daisho-in Temple


This is another temple we visited back in April on Miyajima. Here you see the entrance gate and the guardians of the gate and the stairs leading up to the temple. This temple is at the base of Mt. Misen.
The rainy season is about to start. Apparently next week officially. I can't say I'm looking to forward to that. A month of nothing but high humidity and rain every day. Granted, it's better than the sun beaming down on me. At least it's cloudy when it's raining and I won't get sunburnt. We're thinking of going to the contemporary art museum tomorrow. We've been wanting to go, but can never get up early enough on a Sunday morning since Sunday is the first day of our weekend, we usually like to sleep in. So, hopefully we'll have the energy to go tomorrow. I know this is something Markian really wants to do, and I wouldn't mind seeing it either. It's his kind of art.


No comments: