Monday, September 24, 2007

Takoyaki

These pictures were taken back in May at the Hiroshima Flower Festival. Yes, you are looking at a large container of little octopuses (no, it's not latin so it's not octopi I have been informed). These are cooked into a pancake like batter to make little balls in those molds you see on the left in front of them. Just seeing all these little buggers laying out seriously grossed me out. However, I'm so used to seeing this now it doesn't seem so strange anymore. The little takoyaki (octopus balls) smell really good though. I haven't had the guts yet to try one, but Markian and I have considered it several times, but usually decide not to because there is something else better around. I have eaten octopus, but the whole ones, the texture just isn't pleasant. Granted, it's way better than raw squid, which tasted just like trying to eat a rubber band...mmmm....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok those are just plain gross..can't believe you would even consider trying one.....love mom g

MinhNga Nguyen said...

OMG you gotta try it. I love it, absolutely love it. It's just like eating octopus in sushi restaurants, except better. Just try it and you'll love it too. Hmm now i really want to go get sushi

Trendkill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.