Monday, September 3, 2007

Hanabi

There was a fireworks festival down at Ujina at the end of July. I went straight after work and was really hungry, therefore, was shakey and couldn't keep the camera still enough to get good shots with the slow shutter speed. Oh well. You can still make it out with the pictures though. It was the most impressive display I've ever seen. The Japanese sure know how to do fireworks. It made a 4th of July display look like crap. It was constant fireworks and the grandfinale was blinding (that's what he top picture is). The other pictures I have of the grand finale just look like bright blinding light.

The crowds were unreal. The line to get back on the streetcar was ungodly so we walked home all the way from the port, which was a crazy long walk! It was well worth it though. I'm glad I was able to have the experience.




No comments: