Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thailand: Cooking at the elephant camp

We got a little mini cooking class at the camp. The food there was fantastic. We ate so good there. Chiang Mai in general has by far the best food in Thailand. We just couldn't get good food after we left that area. Above: Markian is cutting veggies for the stirfry. Below, I'm stiring the Tom Yum Soup.


Markian is making the veggie stir fry.

It wasn't a proper cooking class, as they'd already done most of it for us, but enjoyable non-the-less and I was so tired at the point, I was kinda glad it wasn't. Later during the trip we pay the money and take a full on cooking class. Anyway, it was good food, and they catered toward my picky needs. I love Thai food! There is way more than I can eat here in Japan. The lady also made us the Chicken with hot chili basil sauce which is one of my favorite Thai dishes. That was the best one I'd ever had and I tried it twice more on the trip. Good stuff! I'd come back for the food alone!

No comments: