Friday, January 30, 2009

Thailand: Spider ATTACK!

After a wonderful lunch (the food here was some of the best we had in Thailand), we walked back to our room for an afternoon break. The accommodation was a little rustic, but we are in the middle of the junk at an elephant camp, so I wasn't expecting too much. I started to sit down on the bed and then I saw it... I biggest spider between the two beds, on the floor, just hanging out. It was so still and so big (it's body wasn't, but it's legs were which made it the size of a hand) I didn't think it was real at first. I told Markian and he quickly put a trash can on top of it (see below)
We spent the next hour debating how in the heck to get that thing out of our room, and wondering how we were going to sleep at night. Below, Markian is explaining possible plans to get that thing the heck outta there!
FINALLY, he slide a piece of plastic under it and while we both screamed he ran outside and flung it into the yard. I got a picture of it before it crawled out of the trash can really quickly. And yes, I was screaming while I took this picture. What an adventure...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I hate spiders so much. I can picture you both running and screaming. I would have done the same!

-Panda Bear

Courtney said...

Haha! Yeah, I was a baby about it. Can't really help it. At least I'm not alone. :-)