Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sandstone

Past the Chinese building there was a place on the coast where you could stop for glass bottom boat rides. Well, they only ran every hour or so, so we had to kill some time first. We decided just to walk around the area a bit because it is known for it's sandstone rock formations.
Above: I love these things! They look like jacks. It makes me want to play Katamari Damacy.
Below: The view from the pier back towards where we were driving and parked the car.

Above: Markian looking down into the water.

We decided to walk out onto the sandstone rocks. They were really slick. I was afraid of falling, which I came close to many times. The treads on my tennis shoes are pretty worn down and weren't that great in the first place. Below you can see a strange structure in the water. You could pay to go underwater there and see the fish and coral reefs. We were opting for the boat tour instead though.



Here is the sandstone up close. You can see all the tiny little crevasses in it.







Some of the rocks looked really rusty. I guess there is a lot of rust in it.
Finally after about killing 30 minutes or 20 it was time to hop on the boat!

No comments: