Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Goal of the Roadtrip

Above: Markian stand with our rental car, a silver Mazda Demio, at a pull over spot for a view point. It was a cute little car. It kinda reminded me of the Voltzwagon Golf except stuff wasn't breaking all the time like it was on my Voltzwagon.
So the main reason we rented a car was to go to Ashzurimisaki, which is the big cape and southmost point in Shikoku which is the inland south of where I live. It was a first Japanese roadtrip, and I wanted to go somewhere that would be a serious pain in the ass to go by public transportation. I think you could get here without a car but maybe only two buses a day or something. I don't quite remember exactly what the deal was, but by having a car we also go to see lots of unplanned sites we never would have seen otherwise. Also I liked being able to come and go as we pleased and not rely on timetables. However, the driving was very stressful at times, which I really didn't like. The most stressful of which I don't have a picture of the road because I was too busy panicing to even think of taking a picture.


Above: The temple at the southernmost point. One of the pilgrimage temples I've been talking about.

Below: A HUGE spider! There were EVERYWHERE. I literally mean EVERYWHERE! Their webs were all along the paths and stuff and Markian would walk in the street when he could because he was afraid of running into a web. I've never seen spiders like this. The colors varied a little too. There were red ones as well. I was a little scared of getting this close to take the picture.

Above: A rock formation that people have placed coins into.

Below: A lantern in front of the temple.

No comments: