Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thailand: Do you work here?

After we washed our elephants then we take them to an area near the show ring where the tourists can come and feed them bananas and sugarcane that they purchase. Above: My Elephant is pausing to eat some stuff before the tourists arrive. I am trying to hang on and not fall off.
Markian above is making his way to the show.

So I sat around while tourists fed my elephant. People thought I worked there. I got asked a lot of questions. I couldn't answer one and the lady was like, "Don't you work here?" haha Ummm...no...


All the elephants would lean forward as far as possible trying to get the food. I couldn't see Markian at this point as his elephant was over at the other side of the fence.



So yeah, it was cool. I felt important on that elephant for some reason. I liked the attention. That elephant was my favorite. As you notice I'm sitting further back than most people because mine was so young. The older ones you sit on their neck. Next it was onto the show.

No comments: