Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thailand: Elephant Painting

Elephants are amazing creatures. They are really smart. We got to help the elephants paint whatever we wanted and then keep the paintings! I went first. First thing is to mix the colors. Elephants are basically colorblind so I have to help them out there. Every elephant has a specialty. Some paint pictures of other elephants, trees, flower, or abstract art. Our elephant specialized in flowers. I couldn't decide what to do, so I went with her specialty. I decided on red flowers. I handed her the brush and showed her about where on the page I wanted it and she did the rest!


It's really amazing. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't been there witnessing it.
The elephant can paint better then me. Not that that's saying much.

A finished product! Next it was Markian's turn. We wanted to have different style picture so he decided on an abstract.

He (Markian) seemed to know where he was going with this. I was unsure of myself. The trainers were impressed with him.
Look at the artists go!


Finally and finished work of art and the elephant then randomly decided to hug him. I miss our elephant!

They posed together for their photo. I was sad because it would all be over in a few hours.

1 comment:

Jacqulyn Jones said...

WOW! This is so amazing. What a cool experience. I want to hug that elephant!