Friday, February 20, 2009

Thailand: The Elephant Show

Here we are seen above waiting on the show to start. We got to parade around, which was embarrassing and exciting all the same time. Below you can see Markian in the parade. The picture below that one has me in the parade.


I was just trying not to fall off. That was basically the goal. The baby elephant is very bumpy to ride.

Here was the most difficult part. Riding it back to the other side of the camp after the show. It was down a rocky hill. I thought I was going to fly off. There was nothing to hold onto! Markian at least could hold onto the ears on his, plus it was an adult and not such a bumpy ride.

So, the mahout jumped on the back and held me by my belt so I didn't go flying down the hill. Trust me, it felt much steeper when you were up there all high and looking down.
But I lived so it's all good. I don't know how in the heck the mahouts keep their balance like that. I totally suck at it.

Then he gave me my shoes and I had to delicately climb off.
Markian's elephant got a snack before he got off. You can see tourists riding on chairs on elephants behind him.

His elephant was kind enough to lie down for a few seconds so he could quickly hop off and go have some delicious Thai food for lunch.

No comments: