Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Opium

No, not drugs! I felt crappy yesterday so Markian and I basically stayed in the apartment and watched movies on my computer. Later that evening I was feeling some cabin fever being trapped in here, plus I was hungry, so we decided to go out for a bit. I wanted to try something new instead of the same old cheap Italian restaurant or Mos Burger. I went on the web and scoped out some affordable places with English on the menus or pictures or plastic food and off we went!
The place we ended up at was called "Opium". The decor was really nice, very retro. The food was reasonably priced and decent portions. I had fish and chips and Markian had an omelet thingy with rice and mushrooms and pork. We were lucky because they were having a happy hour and certain drinks were only 300 yen! Pictured above is some Russian drink Markian got that tasted like grapefruit juice and vodka (or we think anyway). The other drink is what I got, cassis and grapefruit juice. Cassis is some kind of berry liquor and it's popular around here and really good. So we had some yummy cocktails and after a couple I started to feel better, temporarily anyway. :-D
Then we made out way next door to the crepes shop and got some yummy crepes. They were good, but not as good as they smelled. So it was a nice ending to what had been a crappy day otherwise because I felt so yucky. We'll have to do it again sometime.

1 comment:

demon_llama said...

humm... Opium. maybe that's what you need to cure that bug of yours. i'm glad you two got out for a few. love all the pictures of the food and drinks. keep up the shutter-bug gig...