Saturday, May 5, 2007

Update

I'm hungry. So hungry. I'm waiting on Markian to hurry up and get ready so we can head down to the festival again for more junk food. The festival has been fun. I have loads of pictures but haven't had time to download yet. My comp is overloaded with pics and I need to take some stuff off first because it seems to be running slower than usual.

I bought a yukata (summer kimono) yesterday for only 4,000 yen complete with shoes, an obi, and a bag. I'm very happy with it. It was on sale for golden week and it's really long, which is why I think it was so cheap. The retail price was 17,000 yen. It's pretty, deep purple with purple and white flowers and a big bright pink obi. Pictures later, once I wear it in June. I don't want to spoil it yet. I have to buy pretty hair pieces to go with it. I'm very excited about putting the whole thing together and going out in it!

More good news, I'm not perfect, but I am feeling much better. I'm not as stopped up, the ear pain has ceased, and now I'm only left with a nasty cough. That's two of the three down, so almost back to wellness, or at least I hope. Markian seems to have picked up a cold though now that I'm getting better, which sucks.

Alright, I'm off to eat more junk food. As my mom said, at least I'm eating, even if it is junk. Hopefully a nice update in the next couple days with festival pics.

2 comments:

demon_llama said...

4,000 yen, 17,000 yen. what's that in Wan? English Pounds? American Dollars? when are we going to see a photo of it? so what did markian get?

Courtney said...

With the current exchange rate, 4,000 yen is about 33 US dollars. 17,000 yen is about 141 US dollars. I'll put up pictures when I wear it at the festival the first of June. Markian hasn't bought his yet. The place that had them on sale, only sold women's yukatas. So, hopefully he'll find one before June!