Monday, July 16, 2007

I climbed Mt. Misen for a turd

Mt. Misen is Miyajima island's highest point. I wanted to go up to the top to see the wild monkeys. I've seen plenty of monkey's in zoos, but never in the wild. I was extremely excited about this. However, I was scared of the ropeway and Markian was too. The ropeway is very expensive as well. I am a tightwade and like to be cheap, so of course if there is a cheaper way out I'll take it. Markian didn't care as much about going to the top of the mountain, but the entire purpose of this day for me was seeing monkeys.

We saw that you could climb the mountain for free. Well, heck, free you can't beat that! It didn't seem that far, only a few miles. Well I'm stupid and wasn't thinking that a few miles climbing up a mountain wouldn't be horrible. Well, it was. It was basically miles of stairs like you see above and below and it really sucked. However, I was willing to struggle to see the awesome monkeys.

We ran into other fellow hikers on the way down while we were struggling up the mountain. They reassured me that is was totally worth it and there were really monkey's up there.



Finally we reach the top and oh my goodness we were so close to those monkeys. Look at the wonderful signs! They were so freaking awesome and got me even more excited. I was prepared to not look a monkey in the eye. The moment of awesome monkey crazy fun time was fast approaching and then I looked around everywhere and saw only this...


A MONKEY TURD! I climbed a freaking mountain for hours for a freaking monkey turd. Apparently we had just missed them. There was a sign saying that the monkey's had gone back to the forest. Boy, was I ever pissed. Serious, a fresh, juicy turd at that. There were tons of them. We had just missed them! All they left was their poo to taunt us! Damn you monkeys and your evil ways!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god you have made my day...haven't laughed so hard in a while..mom g

Courtney said...

Yeah I was pretty angry at the time, but it's funny now. We're going to try and climb that stupid thing again in August and those monkeys had better be there if they know what's good for them!

Trendkill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.