Sunday, July 15, 2007

Lots of good news!

The typhoon is past, and didn't do much of anything here in Hiroshima. It was further south of us than expected. The wind picked up a bit, but nothing dangerous or crazy or anything. I've seen WAY worse storms in Memphis, Tennessee. So, I'm glad that's over and done. Granted it is now typhoon season until the end of September and I'm sure there will be more try and pass through here. But they are unpredictable in their path, so who knows.

The other piece of good news, well for me anyway, is that one of my high schools (and another one in a week) will be on summer break for a month, so that means my work load will be cut in half for August! I'm going to have so much more free time. I'll basically just have night classes for three days out of my five day work week.

The good sales are coming to a close at the end of this weekend. There are two huge sales in Japan, usually a summer one and then one before Christmas. The bargains have been pretty great. I bought a new top and new dress. Most places have 10%-50% off. Yeah, it's still not as good as a US sale can get, but I'll take what I can get.

Because of the threat of the typhoon hitting around midnight here last night, I went straight home after work and we didn't have out usual Saturday outing, which kinda sucked. So I'm really itching to get out of here today and go out to eat or something. Markian is still asleep and it's after 11:00 AM. He must be tired. He's usually up before me. I think his kids class kicked his ass yesterday. The kids in that class has found out it's more fun to throw things and chase each other in circles than to play games to learn English. I sympathize. I have junior high school kids that have decided that they'd much rather throw things and run around and speak Japanese than try to speak English. All classes aren't like that. But the ones that are really kick your ass. It's quiet frustrating and tiring.

Alright, enough of the negative. No more of that for a while, so I'm super happy. It's like Christmas or something....

Oh and the picture is of Lucky Cat again. I think I took this picture in out day trip to Kure. Isn't he cute? He's beconning luck with his paw. I seriously miss Miw....

No comments: