Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mitaki Dera

It's strange how that now I have time to write some blog entries with school calming down, my site traffic has dramatically decreased. Now my viewers must be incredibly busy! I've gone from an average of ten visitors a day to one.

This trip was taken a couple days after we visited Miyajima in between the end of training and the start of work. Mitaki-Dera is only a couple train stops away from Hiroshima station. Some people have described it as better than some of the great temples they visited in Kyoto. It's just very different. I was very impressed with our visit here. You have to walk up a steep hill after leaving the station to even get to the temple. The temple is located in a beautiful, wooded, mountainous area.

These big statues really impressed me. I don't know why, but it reminded me of something you'd see in Coruscant (Imperal City) in Star Wars. They just looked really freaking sweet.


There was a really little waterfall behind them. Don't worry, much better waterfalls to come. Mitaki-dera has three beautiful waterfalls.


This place was just so beautiful and peaceful. I can't wait to go back and see the Autumn leaves, which is really what it's known for.
I think this last picture may be my favorite shot of these guys. More Mitaki-dera to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hello!
my mom just sent me the link to your blog... AWESOME pics (although i only got through the month of July!) you guys look like you are having a blast or at least experiencing a great adventure. Hope all is well, back to remodeling the bathroom.
asta!

Lesia