Monday, July 23, 2007

Peace Park Crab

So about a month ago, we were walking back to the apartment late at night through the Peace Park. Markian spotted this crab just hanging out in the middle of the sidewalk. I couldn't figure out how it got there. I thought maybe it was someone's dinner and had fallen out of their shopping bag or something. It was a little small to be a crab for eating though, although he wasn't tiny or anything. I thought it wasn't even alive till Markian poked it with a stick and he moved. I was really afraid he would get smashed by all the bikes riding through here. We couldn't move him though because he would pinch us with his claws. He got a little feisty when you tried to come really close. I really hope he was ok.

I asked some people about it later, and if they'd ever seen crabs in the Peace Park. They said no, but they come from the river, which is only a few meters away, and that river is so close to the sea. But still, that crab had a little ways to walk. Crazy. I thought it was cool though to see a crab in the Peace Park. It just isn't what I expected to see.

No comments: