Friday, July 20, 2007

Low Tide

Alright, still giving you Miyajima pictures. You know the gate that was in the water I posted lots of pictures of earlier? Well, this is that same gate, but at low tide. It's really cool because you can walk out on the wet sand and actually touch the gate that hours earlier was surrounded completely by water.



Look at all the barnacles on the gate! There are so many! This was so neat. It just made it so much more real to get up close to it like that. I didn't actually know you could do that until we went! The gate looks so huge up close; and well it is a huge gate!
I had to get a close up because I thought it was so cool!






In the picture below, lots of those people are out searching for oysters. This place is known for their fresh oysters. We did get some, because I'd never had them. They weren't bad, but not my favorite thing in the world. I'd rather have clams I think.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason barnacles creep me out. haha.

Anonymous said...

I forgot my name... above post from Jess. lol