Friday, October 5, 2007

Ginkakuji (The Silver Pavilion) Part 2

I continue where I left off showing you the beautiful gardens at Ginkakuji in Kyoto. The moss here is spectacular.
People had throw lots of coins in this little pond. Below you can see how thick and green the moss is.


Above: A little toad trys to blend into the gravel, but Markian spotted him! Isn't he cute?!

Above: Me trying to forget that it's hot as hell, but it's not working. It's so hot I feel like I can't breathe!

Below: Salamanders slithering in the moss. Can you spot them? I also saw what looked like maybe a mongoose in this area, but he ran aways fast.

Really, cool old trees with big roots and moss.

Above: A small shrine in the garden.

Below: We are entering the bamboo forest. I love these kinds of places.


Above: A view of the temple complex from the hill, and of Kyoto City.


Above: Like picture of Ginkakuji you always see in the books. It's so perfect.
And we took a picture of a tourist for him and he took our picture in return! Nice guy, and the picture turned out nice. We don't even look like we're sufficating!


And Finally, a close up look at the main old structure. I loved this place. I'm glad we decided to go here instead of Kinkakuji (the gold pavilion). From what I've heard what you see in the pictures with Kinkakuji is what you get. Ginkakuji has a nice garden that I've just shown you here. I love Kyoto! I want to go back a third time!

No comments: