Sunday, October 7, 2007

Walking the Philosopher's Path

The Philosopher's Path is this way you can walk in Kyoto to go by all these famous temples. It was later in the day and temples were closing and it was hot as hell, and we decided to walk around in the sweltering heat. The path goes by this stream for a long ways. There were these strange mossy plants growing in the water. I have no idea what they are, but they kinda sway back and forth as the water flows over them. I saw some of these in Matsuyama as well on our latest trip.

At least this area is very shady, but it still wasn't helping with the humidity.

Above: A really old wooden building that I thought looked cool.

Below: A view into a cemetery from the path.

Nearby temples.


I am in front of a restaurant on the path. I just liked the little bridge.

No comments: