Friday, October 26, 2007

A lizard and an itchy deer

Isn't he cute? I saw him next to this temple in Nara in August. Actually, I didn't see him/her until Markian pointed it out to me. He's got a really good eye for seeing little critters like lizards and frogs. When he showed me I thought it was a sticker. It just didn't look right. So I said, "Cool sticker" and tried to touch it. Then it moved and I freaked. haha He was a cute lizard although I have no idea what type of lizard it is. It made me happy to see a cute little lizard whatever it is.
Then there was this huge deer that wouldn't stop scratching itself on this tree. It must have been seriously itchy. I tried to get the deers attention and he didn't care. He just wanted to keep scratching. Maybe he had fleas. It reminded me of that scene in Disney's "The Jungle Book" where Baloo scratches himself on a tree and shows Mogolee (or whatever that kid's name was) how to scratch on a tree while them sing some lame song or something.
The rest are more pictures from Kofukuji. Here is the main temple hall that all the deer were in front of.

No comments: