Friday, November 9, 2007

Deno, Dino: I'm a Pink, Little Dinosaur!

The title is from a DDR (Dance, Dance Revolution) song. It's for my brother cause he loves the Pink Little Dinosaur. So, you'd better read this, H! When I saw this "Pink Godzira" (in Kyoto) I laughed really hard and thought of that stupid song. DDR is one of my favorite games and there is a song called "Pink Little Dinosaur" by Papaya. It's really quite horrible and this little pink cartoon dinosaur dances around with this little girl. I guess you'd just have to see it to get the joke.

So, a little update, since I haven't talked much about our lives as of late. I've just been giving belated trip updates. So, I had a really cool night tonight after work, but I didn't have my camera, so may as well write about it while it's fresh on my mind.

Work has been crazy, and we're both tired and cranky. So, one of my awesome housewive students drives me home today. It's about 8:30 and I still have to go to the grocery store and plan supper. I've been up since 7:00 and I have only had a piece of bread all day. As usual, Markian talks me into screwing it, and just going out. I'm too tired and hungry to try to cook at this point. So, we decide to go to this little Spanish restaurant down the street. It's about the size of a closet, we went about four months ago with a good Japanese friend of mine. We decided to suck it up and try to decipher the menu on our own. I was really sick of Mos Burger and I didn't want to walk all the way back downtown and back to get food when I was so tired.

So, we go, and it turns out the owners speak a little English and read the kanji we can't read on the menu. They're really nice and we get some yummy food. I had a big awesome salad with broccoli and different greens, and tomatoes, and fish and a vinaigrette. I also had some garlic shrimp! Markian had potatoes and some sausage and mushroom thing. It didn't fill Markian up though, so we decided to walk to the Mos Burger afterwards. Well, we ended up running into a little festival at a very small shrine. There were a few booths set up selling azuki filled waffles, and squid on a stick and the usual festivities. We got some azuki (red bean) filled waffles which were awesome by the way. They were all nice and warm and it was cold outside. Then we go to Mos and when we walk back the festival is packing up. Some lady walks by and gives us some treats, which I still have no idea what they are.

I also got to see the lighting of the big x-mas tree at the Sogo (huge overpriced department store), which was cool and they had this little Christmas Concert outside of it. The music was nice. I only got to watch ten minutes because I had a class in the Sogo, but it was cool neverthe less.

So basically I've been working and working, but todays ending was nice even though the work day was long and the high school part was quite stressful as usual. I have another work day tomorrow, but if I can just make it through that I have a wedding party this weekend and a dinner with one of my companies. There is plenty to look forward to this weekend!

Japanese lessons are going well. I'm still making the slowest progress ever, but progress is progress. I can pick words out of people's conversations now and I can read as long as it doesn't involve Kanji. I love my teacher. She's so cool! She's lived in America, so she speaks good English and is really fun and easy to talk to!

I'm still debating about where our December vacation should be. I'm wavering between to places at the moment. In the end, I think I might let my pocketbook decide.... So, this has been really random and I apologize, but I'm extremely tired, and you're lucky you're getting this. :)

No comments: