Sunday, November 25, 2007

Oni

Some pictures I took in Osaka in August. So, while I've been having fun lately, Markian hasn't so much. A little kid pooped and peed himself while he was teaching him yesterday. That is never cool. I want him to write about it on here later, because I was amused when he told this story. but he probably won't. He's sick right now. I think it's a migraine or something. So today has kinda been poo (no pun intended). I'm hoping he'll feel better tomorrow.

Good news, the concert I bought tickets for a few months back is only a week away! I'm very, very excited! I can't wait! Trip plans are still in the air...I should know sometime this week hopefully.

A little pop quiz for you. This week a student wrote they wanted to visit the USA because of the "Freedom Venus". It took me a few minutes, but I figured out what they meant. I'd never heard anyone call it that! Can you guess what it is?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freedom Venus...I would guess the Statue of Liberty?

-Jess/Panda

Courtney said...

Yep! Correct! I'm slow though and it took me a while to figure out what in the heck they meant. lol I've never heard anyone refer to it as such!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've never heard that either, but just figured liberty = freedom and venus represents a female. lol. That's a really interesting name for it.

Anonymous said...

that was me above...
-Jess

Courtney said...

Oh, I thought maybe you'd heard it before. Yeah, I was amused by the name too. I should start calling it that! haha