Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Osaka Nightlife

So back in August in Osaka, we wondered around one night randomly. Here are some pictures of things we saw. Above is a Chinese restaurant. I just thought the dragon was cool.
Here are some nice lit up billboards. Asahi is a popular beer here and also a girls name. They also make good coffee drinks.


I took the above picture just to show how busy the city was and how many people there are. This is on a pedestrian only street.

Below, me still dying from the heat even though the sun has gone down! I felt like I was back in Memphis!

Above: A Fugu fish, which I would presume is a fugu restaurant. Fugu are the poisonous blowfish that if it's prepared wrong you die from the toxin. Mark ate some at a recent party he went to. He said there was not taste, but it was rather chewy. Not bad though.

Below: I think it was a Pachinko Parlor, but I can't quite remember.


Ok, above wins the best picture award. I had to read it about four times because I thought I was reading it wrong. Read it....the picture speaks for itself...
A ferris wheel and some lights. The lights in Osaka are very nice. Not quite as good as Tokyo, but pretty close. I'd forgotten how big of a city it is. It makes Hiroshima seem so small. Hiroshima seemed so big when we moved here!
I just liked the whiskey billboard. It was GIGANTIC but you of course can't tell that from the picture.

No comments: