Sunday, November 18, 2007

GIANT crabs


More from the Osaka Aquarium in August. Pictures do not show how freaking huge these things are! They were about three to four feet tall!!! I couldn't get that great of a picture due to the really low lighting in there and the crowd of people I had to push through to get near the crabs. They moved in slow motion through the water. They were enormous, and the really big ones would even climb over the really, really, really big ones! I could have watched them for a long time. They seemed so alien to me. Mark read something in the English leaflet that gave us that said that they only live in some waters in Japan. No wonder I'd never seen anything like this before. The visit to the aquarium in the crowd was worth it because of this and this still isn't even the reason I went here! The reason for the color differences is that I was messing around with different exposure settings on the camera trying to get a better picture. Yeah, so big crabs are really scary. I sure wouldn't wanna run into one of those things on the ocean floor!

No comments: