Saturday, April 21, 2007

The entrance way to Itsukushima Shrine

More pics from Miyajima. These are from the entrance way to the very famous shrine there, Itsukushima Shrine. This is the first tori gate. It was such a beautiful day, and the water was so pretty and I love the lion statues. I want to go back in the fall and see the pretty leaves.

Tonight marks the start of our weekend which is much needed. I gave myself a head injury yesterday. I bumped heads with a kid while leaning over to pick up a dice. He was unhurt and laughed and thought it was the funniest thing ever. Granted, that kid cracks me up because he laughs at anything and everything. Other kids when they make a mistake they whine or cry. This kid will point to his paper and go, "No! Wrong! hahahahahahaha!" like it's the funniest thing ever then fix it. I love how easily amused he is. Thank god he wasn't hurt. He stopped laughing when he saw that I was crying. I got a huge knot on my head and I was all dizzy so Mark was like, "Maybe it was a mild concussion or something." I had a splitting headache and it hurt to tilt my head. I still have a headache and it's sore today. The kids were pointing to my head in the middle of the lesson and yelling the Japanese word for bruise. I didn't know what they were saying till I'd left. haha

The ladies in my night class at the community center asked me what had happened. They are so awesome. This time a lady brought me french chocolates and they gave me another ride home so I didn't have to walk 30 minutes! Seriously, great people and wonderful students. They're beginner level, but they try so hard and really, really want to learn English. Friday is my worst day because it's so long, but that class makes everything so much better.

I'm waiting for my rice too cool off. I'm fixing some sushi for supper, crab cucumber sesame rolls. Good stuff! Easy, cheap, and not bad for ya. Finally something green. It's very difficult to eat my diet here. Vegetables and fruit are so expensive! ONE apple will cost you around 4 or 5 dollars! ugh So no fruit for me.

1 comment:

demon_llama said...

$4 for an apple? it's a good thing i stick to garden salad these days! the pictures of the shrine are awsome. you picked a perfect day to travel over. i look forward to seeing your next trip (maybe to giant'radioactive'reptile'ville?). maybe you can get markian to enter "Ninja Warrior"...