Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lucky Cat Meow

The kitty cat is beckoning luck with his paw. He is a lucky kitty cat! Meow! Kitties like this can be seen everywhere made of different materials and of different sizes. This one was taken at Miyajima. It makes me happy and is nice to look at after a stressful week at work. It makes me think of Miw, who I miss, so, so much!

Work itself is great, but the traveling between different places is long and tiring. A typical day starts at 7:00 AM when I wake up and I'm traveling and teaching all day and don't get home til 9:00 or 10:00 PM. It's very tiring, and finding the right bus, train, way to walk...etc... is very stressful. I'm hoping next week will be better. The directions I was given were horrible. Such as, "walk past the McDonalds and turn left" and then there was a note next to that saying, "McDonalds is no longer there". haha so worthless! I was also told the wrong buses to get on and it was crazy bad and scary. That was Friday, which was a particularly bad day. However, it ended very well. I taught a beginner level adult class at the community center and they were so nice and tried so hard. They gave me Japanese sweets and a really cute change purse. One of the students drove me home and saved me a 30 minute walk! Really, really, nice people. Although I got lost so many times people are very friendly and willing to help. I like that about here. In the US, most people wouldn't stop to help a foreigner. Here, you just look a little lost and usually someone will come up and say, "Can I help you?" or "Where are you trying to go?" and they will try their best to get you there.

Today is our day off and now we're off for some yummy Indian food! I'm excited! I've missed good spicy food!

No comments: