Sunday, April 1, 2007

Diamond City

This is where we purchased our washer and fridge that will arrive in about a weeks time. It's a western style mall (or so they say) on the our skirts of the city. There is a free bus to it from the train station, which is really, really awesome. The first time we tried to do the free bus thing, it was kinda scary, but once we figured it out and that we were on the right bus, it was all good. There are a lot of really cool shops out here and the mall is like four stories tall. The food court is nice and the children's section is awesome. I so wanted to play on the playground equipment inside! Also there is a really big arcade. Most malls in Japan are not indoor and covered as this one, so that's basically why they're calling it a western style mall.

We were in the food court and I saw all these girls with this bright green soda with vanilla ice cream and sprinkles in it. I wanted one so badly even though I didn't know what it was. I found the place that was selling them and they had a plastic one of them in front. I didn't know what it was called and it was a little far from the ordering thing so I pointed towards it and just said, "midori" (which means green, just like the Japanese liquor, "midori"). They didn't know what I was talking about. It was rather embarassing. I eventually ended up with my drink. Apparently, it's called, "cream soda", although it tasted nothing like cream soda that I know. Apparently when you put ice cream with soda, it becomes "cream soda". I later found out the bright green soda is melon flavored. Sometimes they sell it in the store as "cream soda" when it has creamy vanilla flavor mixed in with it as well. It's quite tasty.

We slept really late today, as I had problems falling asleep last night and I was up using Skype, cause I found out how to call people and I got all excited and couldn't stop doing it! Today we have the Japanese BBQ to attend. It's already after noon, so I've gotta go get ready and figure out what we're doing for lunch!

No comments: