Sunday, April 8, 2007

Petting deer makes me happy!

I love animals, and to find out that Miyajima is a lot like Nara in that there are tons of sacred deer running around the island made me really happy. The deer are friendly because they want food, so most of them will walk right up to you and sniff you for food. I just pet them cause I can.

As soon as you step off the ferry boat onto the island you're bombarded with tons of deer. If you make the mistake of feeding them, they will chase you and jump on you, and get all crazy (see the bottom picture with the poor guy that got surrounded by them--this wouldn't have happened if he didn't feed them! I don't know, maybe some people like to be followed around by a hoard of deer. They make really weird noises too.


I walk around trying to pet a bunch of them, but Markian never wants to pet any of them! So I told him he was missing out on all the fun. I'm like a kid when it comes to animals, cartoons, or amusement parks. My first time in Japan last year I spent two hours in this huge toy store in Tokyo.

I love my new camera. It's making blogging so much easier. Well, I think we're off to possibly Mitaki-Dera today...I'm not sure.

I am sure that I want to eat before I go though! So hungry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

courtney, those deer remind me of the deer at that place where we went for lena's b day when she was little and they kept eating my shoelaces!! wish i could be there, too - looks like fun! love, mom

demon_llama said...

reminds me of going to Sea World in Aurora back when i was a kid. they had a deer petting area in the old days. wonderful...