Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Sakura at Hiroshima Castle




More pictures from yesterday's cherry blossom outing. I was hoping to have another today, but the weather didn't cooperate. It was freezing cold and we went down to the marina, but that's a story for another day. And tomorrow we're stuck here waiting for the fridge and the repairman. So, Friday is our next outing.

So Hiroshima Castle is a reconstruction of course, since most of the city was destroyed during the war. The castle is in it's original place that it used to stand and I think the foundations may be original. I'm not sure cause we didn't go in because the inside is a museum and I've been in a reconstructed castle before, Osaka Castle, and it wasn't that exciting and I didn't want to blow cash on it. The grounds are particularly beautiful at the time of year as you can see from the pictures. I have plenty more, the ones I've posted here are views from outside the castle walls on the other side of the moat. The moat is lined with Cherry trees and some of my pictures turned out postcard perfect after about 30 tries to get one photo to work. I think this camera is seriously shot. Today it took about 30 shots to get one picture. I was about ready to throw this thing in the marina!

There were a lot of people walking around the area. When we walked up here the first week there was no one here. Next year, I would like to try to go to Himeji castle and get photos. It's a few hours from here and is totally original and is supposed to be beautiful under the cherry blossoms. I'm just agitated I have to be stuck in this apartment tomorrow when I'd planed to go to Mitaki Dera and take more pictures! :-( It's too pretty to be stuck inside! The blossoms are starting to fall off the trees. They won't be here much longer.

1 comment:

demon_llama said...

i am so jealous!!!! to walk around there would be wonderful. i love cherry blossoms...