Monday, April 23, 2007

The famous floating tori at Miyajima

More pictures from my huge Miyajima collection. Here is one of the most famous sites in Japan, the famous, floating tori gate. It's so beautiful here that words can't describe it. A picture doesn't capture it either. I think it's the contrast of the blue sea against the huge orange tori that I like so much. The picture of Markian and I together is crooked because I sat the camera on a rock and had it take it in auto mode.






Tomorrow is another work day. :-( No more play and sleep. I have to get back to planning lessons. Later!

Oh and by the way...for those that haven't figured it out yet, if you want to see the images closer or see details click on the image and you get a nice high resolution image! Keep the comments coming!

1 comment:

demon_llama said...

a beautiful sight. i'm glad one of my friends has been able to see it (and i'm really envious)...