Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Sakura



Yesterday was spent walking all over town, and I do mean all over town, viewing as many cherry blossoms as we can before they're all gone. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so all the pretty blossoms probably will all be gone in a couple days. I took over two hundred pictures on our outing out. These are just a sample from the beginning, so there are many more to come.

The majority of these photos were taken near or in the Peace Park and along the river near it. The riverside is lined with cherry blossoms and is so beautiful and you can smell the sweet blossoms when the wind blows. I see why people pay so much money to come here during this touristy time. It's spectacular. You have wonderful weather, not too cold not too hot for the most part, and everything is just prettier with cherry blossoms. The park, the castle, the garden...it was awesome to begin with and now it's like 10 times better!

So the walk was even longer because we walked along the river when possible because it was so pretty. We walked from our apartment on the west side of town up to the Castle in the north and over towards the main train station and then back down and east towards a mountainous park, where the entire mountain is covered with cherry blossoms. I now have blisters on my feet (I'm sure you wanted to know that), but it was totally worth it.

My camera has decided to act up in another way now. Sometimes it will not take a picture. I just get complete blackness. I think the shutter is screwed up. I guess I'm going to have to invest in a new one because I take so many pictures and well, life would be boring without wonderful pictures.

Today was very cold, though there were still people picnicking out under the trees drinking sake and eating bentos in the cold.


Markian and I spent the evening exploring the rest of our neighborhood in the cold dark. We saw a family having dinner under a cherry tree which they'd hooked a light up too, which was kinda funny. The rest of the neighborhood further west seems very residential, so there really wasn't anything interesting other than some love hotels. I know my dad is going to get here and be like, "You said there weren't other hotels. What about that one?" haha And they'll all be love hotels and we'll have to explain it's not the type he's looking for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Courtney, you don't know your daddy very well, do you??!! Love, MOM