Monday, April 2, 2007

Japanese BBQ Party


Last night Markian and I went to a student of mine's house (well I'd only taught him once, but still...) for a Japanese style BBQ party. It was a wonderful experience. We had loads of fun and met many wonderful people there. It was very kind of the student to invite me; he's a really, really nice guy.

A lady at our work was invited too and she met us so we could find the place and get on the correct bus. It was very nice of her, and I don't know how we would have got there otherwise. She's a really cool person. I talked to her a lot last night.

So, basically food was loads of meat and veggies that were placed on a grill and then you pull off what you want into your bowl and dip it in a Japanese Style BBQ sauce. It was really yummy! I only ate veggies, but Mark tried all kinds of strange meat. Including chicken skin on a stick. We had custard puffs and Japanese pancakes with custard for dessert.

I had a kid there who was really nice take my camera and take pictures, so it was cool downloading and seeing what she'd taken. Here are only a few of many. The dog in the picture was very friendly. He barked, but only because he wanted attention. I sampled a variety of beverages as well....which was rather interesting. So, fun was had by all. I'm hoping I get this student in my class because he's very nice and interesting to talk to!

1 comment:

demon_llama said...

still wearing that same ring hu. how old is that thing anyway?