Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I love fishes cause they're so delicious!


Well, normally I really like fish/seafood, but this is taking it a little further than I'll usually go. Sunday Mark and I ventured north up to the main train station to have a look around. The big train station in a city is usually a good place to shop, and get lunch cause there are lots of choices. We'd already eaten by the time we got down there, but decided it would be interesting and fun to walk around and look at the restaurants and the plastic food and see what is available in case we want to come back later and have a bite to eat.

The station had some of the most awesome plastic food dealing with fish. The top picture, being my favorite where you can get a fish head complete with eyeball floating in your soup as the main part of the lunch set. Mark's favorite is picture number three (counting down from the top) with the fish laid bad with his belly sliced open as if he's wailing in pain. Horrible, horrible, yet funny. Keep in mind these pictures are of plastic food, but when you order this stuff it always seems to look identical to what you saw in the plastic food. Even the way they position stuff on the plate. And of course you can't forget the lovely fish head platter.

Hungry yet? I know I was. Obviously someone likes this stuff because they seem to serve a large variety of it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've been meaning to come check this out for a couple of days but haven't gotten around to it until now. Sounds like you're having a great time. Kindergartners are sooo cute--I remember when I was a substitute teacher I always tried to get the ks because they were always the best behaved kids. Love your posts; I am definitely learning a lot about Japnanes culture.
Carody

Courtney said...

Carody,
Yeah, it's crazy how much they know too. I like them, but I wouldn't want to do it all the time. There is SO much repetition with the activities! Our director asked how we liked it, and we said we enjoyed it and they were cute and everything. She said, "Yeah, until they throw up." haha

Crystal Lee said...

No you didnt! Girl, now I am just now starting to eat fishes...just because my Dr. told me I had to...but this is a bit much. HAHA! You are a braver soul than I am. :P

Crystal