Friday, March 9, 2007

I miss Miw, my cat!



Miw is my cat seen here. The word "miw" means "cat" in ancient Egyptian. Miw is pretty freaking awesome. He does tricks: sits, fetches, and shakes. He's very smart and a great pet. I had to leave him in the states though because of the 6 month quarantine rule over here for importing animals. So I'm really missing him right now.

Everywhere I go I see things that remind me of him. The first thing I saw was the "Parlor Cats", which you see below. It's basically a Pachinko parlor. Pachinko is HUGE in Japan. You see it everywhere, although I think I saw many more parlors in Osaka than here in Hiroshima. The Parlor Cat kitty at the top with the paw raised is beckoning luck towards him. Figurines and drawings of cats like this are quite common here.
The "Country Cat" is just a store in which I thought the sign was cute. I saw a stray cat in the garden we visited the other day. I tried to call him/her over to pet the cat, but the cat was really scared. He was all cute and orange. Nothing like Miw, but I really miss my cat! Not that I don't like it here, because I do. I love it in fact. I just wish I could have my cat with me and then everything would be perfect. I've realized things can never be perfect so I'm pretty pleased with the present situation as I'm very happy at the moment.

No comments: