Friday, March 30, 2007

I think I need a drink...

Ugh....horrible day....I'm still sick. Markian keeps getting and losing a fever; I don't know what terrible plague he's acquired. Mine doesn't seem to go away, at least he looses his for a day or two. We walked a long, long ways across the city looking for recycle shops, trying to get our appliances for cheaper. It turns out after doing more research and checking the shops out, they're almost as expensive as new, and look rather crappy. I saw an expensive fridge with holes in it for example.

Also, part of the crappy day comes from my credit card being declined for a fridge and washer...and still not knowing why. The out of the country help number doesn't work from a Japanese phone. I'm told my parents the situation and hopefully they will call Capitol One, cause I surely can't from here. So, I had to drop tons of cash on it, and now I'm past the point of broke. I'm hoping will survive till payday, which is over a month away. The fridge can't even be delivered for another week, which means more eating out, which is getting old and it's not cheap. arghghghgh.... I'm so irritated, especially not knowing why my card decided to be an ass even after I'd called them before I left to tell them I would be here for two years!!!!

We are in the apartment. It's very nice, with the exception of no means to cook. We even have to supply the stove. I realized this morning when I got up we didn't have soap, (I thought Mark packed it, but he said he forgot) which was sucky. It took us forever to find a place that sold regular bar soap. I kept finding stupid 3,000 yen beauty bars. I thought the 100 yen shop would have some, but the one we checked didn't, just dish soap. We finally found some and now I can be clean.
The pictures show the large variety of sake at the Jusco, where we dropped all the cash on the washer and fridge. You can get so many different kinds of sake here and they even come in the milk carton like boxes seen above. At this point I could use a drink, but we're saving it for a party. I was invited to one of my A5 student's houses for a Japanese BBQ party. So I'm really psyched about it. We just have to bring something to drink. A nice lady at work who is going to the party as well is meeting us at the school to show us the right bus to get on to get to this guys house. It should be an experience, hopefully I'll be feeling better by then.

1 comment:

Crystal Lee said...

I want the one in the red box! The red one! Drink that is...I guess they all have some sort of red on them dont they? :P Well girlie I hate you are still sick. I know your Mom has told you to take vitamins, drink water and it does not hurt to take some herbs either. I would tell you to drink tea but you are in Japan and that seems a bit redundant. :P If you need me to call Capital One and beat them up I can! My husband uses them too but I do not really care for them much. Just a personal preference though. I hope you have fun at your BBQ...probably will not be like the ones at U of M, right? HAHA! Take care sweets!

Crystal