Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The first day of training.



Today is the first day of training at work. The picture on the left is where we are working. This is the main branch of the school. The other picture is of this area that the school is in and is on the same block. It is really, really close to our hotel. There is a shrine to the right. I'll post better pictures of it later.

We're actually just on a little break right now and then I have one more session, and Mark has two. My observation was canceled so I have more free time. Later tonight there is a wine and cheese party at the school which I guess we're going to.

So far I think I'm going to like the job. The training seems to be very, very similar to my CELTA course, with just more details of what's expected. I'm looking forward to the kids training class on Sunday. I think we'll find it very helpful. There are 9 new hires in the school including Mark and I. I am the only female! Kinda weird, but there are other females that currently work there. The principle of the main branch is female and so is the director of the children's classes.

Alright, well I have to walk back to work!

No comments: