Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring has Sprung





Spring is here, as you can see from the pictures of the first cherry blossoms to bloom. It's been incredibly warm all of a sudden. It's actually hot in the hotel because they haven't switched it over to a/c yet, and the windows don't open which makes it nasty and stuffy in here. I'm hoping they either turn on the air soon or it gets cold again.

These are some early trees I found, but most trees look like the first one pictured here. Most trees are just budding. By the end of this week, there should be cherry blossoms everywhere. I've already picked out some nice viewing spots. When the trees are in full bloom people gather together and pick-nick and drink lots of sake under the trees. It sounds like a lot of fun. I saw some people pick-nicking under the trees that just have little buds this past weekend.

Mark is still really sick. I'm feeling crappy now. I think it's because of all the pollen in the air, well my sickness anyway. He still is running a fever and sounds horrible. He hardly ate anything today. I had to help him finish off both his meals, which usually doesn't happen. I'm hoping he starts feeling better soon. We're still busy with work for the next couple of days, and we have lots to do with moving into the new apartment. Because he's been sick we didn't get to go looking for a fridge and a washer like we had planned.

To his credit, he was sick and still walked down with me to find our apartment because we have to describe it to the guy we're buying a bed and some chairs from so he can arrange to borrow his friend's truck and bring them to our apartment. It was so easy to find, and I am horrible with finding things. I'm happy we picked somewhere that is that much of a straight shot. It takes exactly 15 minutes to walk from there to the main school at a normal pace. I don't think that's so bad, and it will take even less time once I get my bike I'm buying from a leaving teacher on Thursday. The one Mark was going to buy broke before he bought it, so I guess we'll have to go to the bike shop to find him a bike.


No comments: