Saturday, March 10, 2007

Living in the city.



Just some general pictures of Hiroshima City here that I thought I'd share. These pictures are a view from a pedestrian bridge while we were walking north, exploring the city. The one on the top is looking south and the one on the bottom is looking north I think. I took most these pics the first couple of days so some things are a little foggy in my head. So dad, as you can see this is a BIG CITY!!!! The old building on the left on the picture on the left is a bank that survived the atomic blast. It's now an art gallery. Really pretty building. It's about the only old thing around here so it really stands out. The track in the middle is the tram line. Old street cars they brought over from Germany run on this tram line. It's the main way to get around within the city. I have yet to ride it though, we're cheap and just walk. The few times we'd had to go far the company has paid for a very expensive and sometimes scary taxi ride out to the suburbs.

No comments: