Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Plum Blossoms are Beautiful, yet they bring me PAIN!

The plum blossoms are blooming. I took these pictures about a week ago in Shukkeien Garden in the northern part of Hiroshima City. They're so pretty, but cause so much pain, and it's only going to get worse the closer spring comes. My allergies are going all crazy. My ears hurt so bad I can hardly stand it. The remedy at home for this was Claratin D, but I think all those decongestants are illegal here. I know you couldn't bring them in. So I don't know what on earth I can take here to fix this. I made a post

about it on http://www.japan-guide.com but no one has commented yet. Usually that's the best way to get a question answered over here. I guess I could go ask my employer if they know anything. They've been helpful with everything else so far. The seam on Markian's new Steve Madden shoesbusted on the second wear and they told us where we could get that fixed.

Now I understand why everyone wears those masks over here. I should have worn one. If you don't know what I'm talking about I'll try to find a picture of one later. Basically it looks like the masks people were wearing when they were all scared from the SARS outbreak. People wear these when they're sick and don't want to spread a cold or they don't want their allergies to go haywire like mine are now, because of all the pollen in the air. Even little children wear them.




Other than feeling crappy, things have been good. Tomorrow we're looking at apartments and on Thursday Mark and I teach our first class! We have the "Kindi's" which are Kindergarten students. I have 3 and 4 year old and a group of 5 and 6 year olds. Mark I think only has 5 and 6 year olds. We have to take the train out north of the city to a small town/suburb to teach at this kindergarten. We went on an

observation to a branch school the other day at small place one train stop down from where we will be going. There were huge mountains surrounding what I would call a little village and the scenery was just beautiful. Most of the buildings were houses, and even though people consider it the country, there were a lot of them!

I'm off to go fight with this fickle camera. I need a new one *hint, hint--mom and dad* that's not going to have a seizure every time I try to download my pictures!!! I've been trying for three days to get my photos off here and haven't been having any luck!

2 comments:

Trendkill said...

Courtney, please go and get a new camera - you're in Japan - should be able to find a NICE one there!! I've really enjoyed checking your blog every day. Hope you feel better. Love, Mom

Crystal Lee said...

Court...take some herbal teas with camomille and habiscus flower. (If you can find it) This helps with respiratory functions.There are also teas in the states that are specifically made for breathing/allergies. If you can not find any (which you should be able to) then let me know and I can mail some to ya!